Time goes so quickly here, we´re in the middle of the summer season. Crazy. The musical workshops are around the corner, and I´m kind of looking forward to it. Lots of new faces, music playing all day, prepping and serving food. Good times a head.
Today was a busy but great day, and I just got to sit down for a little break. We´re having a party in the stables tonight, friends and family have arrived for the weekend. I´m afraid it´s a bit of a secret, but I can promise that you will see some of it on TV! Hehe..
Made this today, just a quick and easy flower arrangment. Love the simplicity of the white mixed with different greens. I will show you more pictures later (well, as much as I can I guess)
I just wanted to say hello, hope you’re having a great weekend. I should get back to the party!
I wanted to share our 24hour-mini holiday with you, so here it is. Stephanie and I were so lucky to have a little getaway to Chateau De Memanat while Isabell and Percy held the fort at Lalande. It was such a heavenly visit; the treehouse was superb. I hope I get to revisit. It´s the perfect place to stay for a weekend or a whole week. I want to bring my family, best friends and a future lover here! Hehe. Absolutely loved it. Here are some pictures from our stay:
We had lots of delicious nibbles for dinner. Stephanie had prawns and smoked gravlaks while we also shared cheese from the Saturday market. I made a yummy but simple salad with red onions, avocado and tomatoes, we also ate radishes dipped in mayonnaise. The atmosphere was relaxed, after dinner, we went into the jacuzzi and romantically, watched the sunset together. Haha! I actually had a glass of Champagne, and It felt pretty good. I haven´t wanted to drink anything for a while, so it felt nice to have little glass. We spent the rest of the evening wearing bathrobes while watching Netflix. So relaxing.
Packed a few clothes, some toiletries and a new book
The breakfast basket who magically appeared at 09.30, love the concept
Definetly coming back!
We´re on full speed today with our new project. Everyone is doing something, and we´re hoping to finish everything before the guests arrive tomorrow. So much to do, but also lots of fun. Hope you all have a lovely weekend x
We survived the heatwave, and the weather seems to be back to normal. I´m excited about sleeping with my duvet again, it´s just not the same with a single sheet. I´ve also been able to drink green tea today, the last days have been too hot. Anyways, Stephanie and I came back from our mini holiday yesterday. We had such a lovely time at Chateau Memanat, we stayed in a fairytale looking treehouse from Sunday to Monday. What a retreat, more of those days, please! The highlight was our long breakfast after a good sleep. We got the chance to properly plan everything and find inspiration for our next project, which felt amazing. We had so much fun browsing through Pinterest, and we´re now already working full speed at Lalande.
So, I thought I would share the Treehouse stay in another post later this week. On our way to our holiday destination, we stopped in the town Aubusson. It´s an hour drive from Lalande, so not far at all. Our mission (mostly Stephanies) was to see the tapestry museum. I`m glad we went there, it was a fantastic attraction. I´m usually the one who walks quickly through any expedition (I get very restless) but not this time. In fact, we ended up spending a few hours there. I loved it, so much inspiration.
Here are a few pictures from the day:
the old town
Stephanie, love her dress!
We were supposed to eat here, but we arrived 15 minutes late, they closed at 13.30. The French and their mid-day breaks.. Haha Luckily, we had some food with us and had a relaxed lunch next to the river. One of the highlights was when we used one of my contact lense package as butter- and cheese knife. 10/10 for ingenuity.
A little gallery in the old town, showing all the tapestry cartoons from Aubusson. It was, of course, closed when we came, though it did say it was open according to the opening hours. Haha
The Tapestry Museum in Aubusson, worth a visit if your planning to travel this way
Stephanie reading about Saint Barbara
One huge but stunning tapestry
Love love the colours, they give out so much inspiration and creativity.
It´s been a long day. We have all been in the stable working today. So fun and rewarding to see everyone working together. Tomorrow will be another exciting day. Grant and I are going on a little road trip. We´re going to see another Chateau that Grant is interested in buying. It´s about 2,5 hour drive each way. We´re also stopping in Montlucon to visit an Emmaus shop. We need more lace and chandeliers. I might look for a new robe too… 😉
If you want to get a closer look at our everyday life, you can follow me on Instagram: mariewiik1. Click here!
1. Roadtrip in September. Gillian just bought a house (yay!!), and we all thought it would be a good idea to take a bigger car around France and find furniture from charity shops. It´s so cheap here, and you can find so many divine treasures. I´m hoping to find a beautiful tea set, some vases and maybe some whiskey glasses. I´ve finally decided to start collecting since I´m bound to be a bit more grounded by the end off this year. At least, that’s what I´m hoping for.
2. I´m feeling so much healthier! My eating habits are finally where I want them. Just the fact that I actually want to eat a full salad then a pizza is incredible. I want to eat clean and green. I love it! I´m so grateful for this mindset but don´t worry, I still indulge in cheese and chocolate, but in a moderate way.
3. For my Norwegian followers: Om du er keen på entreprenørskap og selvutvikling så burde du høre Isabella Løvengrips episode i Sommar & Vinter i P1, svensk radio. Klikk herom du ikke finner den på spotify. Jeg digget episoden og det fikk meg både til å ty til tårene men også brase ut i latter. Anbefales!
4. I´m thinking of staying with Gillian this fall. I´ll probably go back to Lalande here and there, but I´m excited to be able to explore Suffolk. I´m looking forward to another environment and to maybe getting a new job! I´m thinking of floristry or of something that involves wedding venues. Hmm.
5. My dearest friend Lydia is coming to see me this August, and she is bringing her mother. We´ve been friends since I lived in Bergen and that’s 3-4 years ago. I can´t wait to see her and show her the life here.
6. I´m not stressed, yet. Hehe! Busy days now, but my mind is relaxed and happy. I´m wondering if all the workouts I´ve done lately have something to do with it. I´ve been running up and down the stone stairs with Gillian. It makes me so sweaty, but it´s such a good workout. We have been running up 10 x 3!
7. I´m really looking forward to being more grounded and to have my own proper space. Space where I can let my creative self go wild. Staying with Gillian is just a little step on the way, but what a great way to start! Looking forward to being painting my «own» room, but also to cook vegetarian food with this beautiful human. We also love working out together and have already been planning our new exercise routines.
8. As much as I´m over the moon excited about moving to the UK, I`m not ready to not see my ray of sunshine every day. I´ve grown so much love for Stephanie, and I absolutely love living with her. She gives me so much joy every day, and I often think she is the most incredible and loving soul there is. So much beauty within, you wouldn´t believe it! I miss you dearly already (and I´m not leaving before September!!). I promise to come and stay often xxx
9. I´m starting to like Magnum ice cream, and that’s a bit weird. Usually, I´m not much of a dessert person and certainly not an ice cream lover. I blame the insane heatwave.
10. I need to be more uncomfortable. I believe that’s the way you grow best as a human, by being brave and vulnerable. I bet you have been around at least one person who made you uncomfortable. Am I right? And the situation is just stealing your energy and time? Yes? Well, that happens to me from time to time. You can either sit and wait it out, or you can actually do something about it. I look at it like ripping a plaster. It might hurt, but it will be over before you know it. I´m ripping the plaster off.
I really love living in the countryside, being away from city life. The silence, the sound of birds and frogs (mating season) at night. The free range chickens, the endless jobs in the garden. The family meals. Even the washing up is okay, especially if we end up dancing while doing so. I do love it, but I also love running in a green city park. Grabbing a latte on the go before meeting up with a friend. Looking for bargains in too many second-hand shops. Having more opportunities when going out for a meal or a drink. I do love that too.
I´m planning to go home to Norway in September, just for a couple of weeks, then off to Norwich and then Suffolk. I think that will be really good for me. Meanwhile, the summer at Lalande is going to be so lovely. Lots of work, but lots of fun. Meeting new people, reading books (found some good ones in the attic), more workouts, late nights and lots of blue cheese with honey.
I´m so happy it rains today, thank god. When Grant told me it would be warmer than anticipated next week, I started stressing about watering the garden. Haha. We don´t have an automatic watering system (yet! it´s on my wishlist) and when having a lot of ground to cover it makes watering a hell of a job. Thank god it´s raining!!
So, how´s your weekend? We are having a good weekend filled with B&B guests, dinner parties and a Saturday market. Stephanie and Isabell are coming back from their trip this evening, can´t wait to have them home. The house is not the same without these two beautiful and hilarious women. Tomorrow morning we´re going to La Chatre to check out the Saturday market but also to visit my favourite charity shops. I haven´t been for ages and I´m so excited. We´re also looking for laces for a particular wedding.. 😉
Next week will be pretty fun. We will have two more volunteers in the house. Alexander from USA and Anneh from South Africa. I´m looking forward to seeing them. Scotsman is also arriving, yaay!! The rest of the week is, unfortunately, very secretive.. Oh, except for Sunday. Stephanie and I are going to stay in a TREEHOUSE, and it has a jacuzzi. I know how amazing is this! Because of Stephanie’s vlog, she has been offered to stay in a treehouse in return for some spotlight in her vlog. I love the perks of our relationship, Stephanie!
Alright. Grant is cooking steak tonight and everyone seems to be hanging out in the kitchen already. I better go join them soon. I hope you all have a great weekend.
The peonies are blooming on full speed now, I almost think there is too many in the garden. I really want to make use of them before they dye out, but there might be too many peonies in the house. Or?.
I´ve been thinking about this summer and how lucky I am to be where I am. Today, have been such a beautiful but also peaceful day. Stephanie and Isabell are on a secret trip and will be so until Friday. Leaving me with all the boys. Haha! Oh well, GILLIAN is back!! She came with David yesterday. All is well. David is making vegetarian curry tonight, and we´re watching a movie in the attic after. We are having our busiest month, but it´s actually going well. We´re having a day off from our bookings today (we call them our «REST DAYS» in the calendar), and that gives us a day to re-charge before the busy weekend starts again. I´ve been planting some last minute summer flowers and moving some sweetpeas onto our arches in the vegetable garden. Ruby was of course with me. Love having him around when I´m out and about in the garden. I´m spending the afternoon doing some admin but also planning some wedding flowers! 😉 Stay tuned..!
Anyways, on to something else. You know the «oh..» and the rolling eye´s you get when you say «no thank you» when someone asks if you would like a drink? It´s like your sucking out all the joy from that person. Haha. You can just sense the disappointment of not joining the «party». Not okay, but I will accept that not everyone is comfortable with my choice.
Right now, I just want to be sober and as focused as I can be. I´ve actually started to like the feeling of being sober in a room full of people who drink. I´m more in touch with myself, and my mind is so clear. Maybe I will want to drink later this year or in a year or two, but I might not drink for many years. I don´t want to set any rules, cause I can easily change my mind. The only thing I know is that I don´t want to drink right now, and that’s totally okay. People should be fine with that.. 🙂
Hope you’re enjoying the summer. Lalande is having a few rainy days at the moment, and I couldn’t be more grateful. I´m on natures side, and I´m always having a minor freak out if I see the plants scream for water. However, the weekend will be pretty hot. We´re facing 30 degrees on Sunday.. I think I might need to have a splash in the fountain.
I can´t believe these colours, the flowers in the garden are so beautiful now. The peonies are starting to pop out, and our rose-trees are beginning to fill up with the most stunning roses. It´s a fairytale land at Lalande these days, well, especially for a florist!
I can´t really tell you anything about what’s been happening here these days, but I will probably tell you next spring. Haha. Other then the secrecy we had a family volunteering this week. They have been a huge help, who has made me realise why chateaus weren’t meant to be run by just a few handful people. There is so much work, all the time. Luckily, I´ve managed to not be overwhelmed and also to enjoy life here too. I guess that’s how I ended up staying so long.. 😉
THE SUMMER TABLE
We had a dinner party here last night. We´re where all dressed up, and it was a perfect 3-course meal, Lalande style! A bit French mixed with the English cuisine. I did the flowers for the table. I used our new whiskey glasses (since all of our other vases were in use), I added cold water and chicken wire into them. The chicken wire helps arrange the flowers more structurally. Everything is from the garden and I just love that. One day I´ll have my own oasis of a garden with all my favourite cut flowers.
Hope you all have a great weekend! I, myself is just heading out with Stephanie. We´re going to the cinema to watch Aladdin! Yaay. We really need to get out and relax a little, especially with all that’s been going on in the house lately. We better get going. We´re doing a stop at Mc Donalds and then the supermarket to get some food and treats for the movie. Super naughty, but so worth it!
I´ve wanted to go to the supermarket to get some beauty products, and when I saw Percy heading out this morning, I couldn’t resist coming along. You know the type of products you have to see for yourself? The ones you love taking time picking out. I´m not much out of the Chateau these days, so I´ve come to realise that I need to be more aware of when people are going out! Haha. Anyways. I got a good 10 minutes for myself at Intermache, and I got some new products. Two facemasks and one bottle of oil for the body, plus a new nail polish. Yay! I also got this cute yellow skirt. I´m usually very sceptical to supermarket clothes (just cause I think it´s weird to sell clothes in a food store), but this skirt was actually lovely. Been wearing it all day and I love it. Since I had a day off today, I´ve just been spending my time alone, enjoying some much-needed relaxation! I do wish I did some more writing, but I think I really needed to just chill out. I watched a movie in the middle of the day, and it felt so good. It´s incredible how great you can feel after treating yourself with the simple things in life.
What a few busy days, jeez. It´s been so hectic lately, and I´ve felt like I did last summer. Overworked and tired. Haha. The only difference is that the weather is far better and that my savings account won’t be as significant by the end of the summer.
I´m struggling with a wisdom tooth growing out, and that has caused some pain and swollenness. That combined with long days and lots of work haven’t been a fantastic thing. I really hate when my mindset is stuck in a negative cycle (which is not often). Luckily I´ve been able to slap myself out of it, though I did spend a few days trying. I´ve noticed that I need everything from a few days to weeks and months to go from a thought to actually doing something about it. It was the same thing with becoming a vegeterian and taking a break from alcohol.. Anyways, I´m taking back control and I´m choosing to be happy cause life is to precious and beautiful not be.
We´ve been to the market in Aigurande today, just for a quick hour. It was heavenly to get out of the Chateau for a little bit. After the Jaguar broke down, I haven´t been outside the property. I think It´s been affecting me in a small way, being «stuck» I mean. I´m really looking forward to a few getaways this summer. Later this month, Stephanie and I are sneaking out to a treehouse with a jacuzzi for a night. We´re also planning to go to London for a short trip. Besides the few trips, I have friends and family coming to visit! One of my dearests friends from the US and my little brother is definitely coming! YAAY!! So much to look forward to.
Tomorrow is a new and busy day at Lalande. We´re a lot of people in the house. We have a family plus Grant and Ben as voulnteers. Lots of things are getting done, and that’s a very satisfying feeling. I´m cooking for a bunch of people tomorrow and preparing a few rooms.
What a busy day, the chateau is full and will be for a little while now. We had the day planned out for various to do`s, some is a secret for now. We have musicians coming and going while also checking in/checking out B&B-guests. Tomorrow, Stephanie and Isabell are going away for a few days (that’s a secret too, haha, sorry) and they are leaving me with all the men. I, Percey and Grant will hold the fort. Oh, we also have a new volunteer coming! Ben from New Zealand. Yay. We’re not short on handyman these days 🙂 Right, I just wanted to give you all a quick update with some pictures from the day. Tomorrow I´m cleaning rooms, arranging flowers and cooking a 3-course. Busy day!
1. It´s hot, and I love it. Love sitting outside in the sun just looking at the landscape.
2. Life as a single is ……..
3. I´m giving myself a lot of guilt these days, and it´s affecting my mood for sure. I feel really guilty when I don´t do the things I plan to do for myself. Like taking the time to write and work on my blog! Not good at all, but I´m in the progress of improvement.
4. My interest in going to a chef school is growing. One day I want to own my own B&B where I can professionally cook food. Running a B&B would fit me perfectly cause there is so much variation of work. Everything from painting a wall to doing breakfast and making beds. Throw in a few nights with cooking up 3-courses, and I`ll be smiling in my sleep.
5. I´m thinking of maybe doing Youtube, but I have to think about it for a little bit longer. I think it´s a great platform, but it must be very time-consuming. If I only had more time! Haha
6. I remember I wrote a post about «regular posts from now», and boy did I fail there! I´m so sorry, it´s been haunting me, and I feel guilty about it too. There is still a desire to do regular posts, but it won’t be a lot of them. I think I write best when it comes from the heart and is written spontaneously. I want this blog to be a bit «instant», well, at least that’s the goal. Just regular updates from day to day. Not the big and deep posts every day, but more consistency would be great. I do have to say that I love writing this blog and creating «content». To be able to inspire people is just so rewarding. The day that I make my first 500 Euro´s will be the day that everything else comes second. Hello, blogger life! Haha
7. I´ve stopped drinking, and I love my decision. I stopped cause I wanted to get more focus into my life. It´s just to busy right now, and I don´t want to spend time having a hangover. I also think it´s a healthy thing to do, having a break. I´m not sure how long I´ll keep this up, but it might be a half a year, maybe a few years. Who knows.. All I know is that I want to do everything that I can to be the best version of myself. I want to become really really healthy cause I know it will help to achieve my goals. Having that said, I´m looking forward to sipping some New Zealand whites in the future. Until then, I´m actually enjoying my tonic on ice with a slice of grapefruit.
8. Something that has become very clear to me recently is that I hate disappointing other people. I don´t just hate it, I FEAR it like the plague. If I have a commitment to something or someone, I always feel the need to be persistent in my work. It makes me an incredibly hard worker (which I´m proud of), but it´s also exhausting and time-consuming sometimes. I think it would be a fantastic skill to have if you run your own business (imagine the work I would get done), but when being an employer, I give way to much compared to what I receive back.
9. My hair is getting longer, and that is making me so cheerful. I´m never cutting it again, especially not by myself. I want long, Rapunzel hair, and nobody can stop(cut) me.
10. Speaking of hair. I´m going to be posing naked for an art retreat here next month. I´m wondering if I should shave everything or keep it as it is? Haha. What would you do?
Do you remember the feeling you had when your mother bought you a new outfit for a birthday party or a wedding? That super cute dress that you were dying to wear but had to save for special days? If your nodding, you probably had it hanging on the outside of your wardrobe so that you could glance at it. I have a dress like that now. It´s hanging on a picture in front of my bed. I can´t wait to wear it; I`ll be wearing nude heels and flowers in my hair. At the end of July, we will have a wedding here. I Can´t tell you more I´m afraid, but Stephanie and I are going for a full Pinterest style wedding. The things you do for love and a tv-crew!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday! Feels like the warm weather is here to stay and so is the weather forecast telling us too. It´s been 29 degrees today, and I love it, but I´m also saying out loud all the time, «Jeeze, it´s so hot.» The typical Norwegian behaviour.
All the guests have left, and I´ve been a busy bee buzzing around in the B&B wing today. I´ve been putting on new beddings on all of the beds, so they’re ready for our new B&B-bookings. Mary Poppins will do the cleaning tomorrow, and then we´re all set! I´ve been alone in the Chateau for a few hours, witch I love. Stephanie and Michael are at the Fashion show today for the 2nd show. I told them I was happy to be alone for a little while so I could run around naked! Haha. I´ve actually been walking around half naked, but only because it’s so WARM! Anyways, I´m all dressed and ready to have Stephanie and Michael back now.
I´ve also moved down to my old room (D´Henriette) today. It´s great to be back and be able to have a shower. I´m spending the rest of the evening just working on admin. I might continue with some painting work; I have to finish up before Thursday. That’s when the next guest is staying in Perse and Des Oiseaux. This upcoming week will be interesting. Gerry, Isabell and Percy are coming back! Yaay. Also, David is coming tomorrow, and he is bringing English cheddar and Toblerone. Great start of the week!!
I thought I would show you the fashion show last night. Stephanie was one of the models for the show, and we had to be her biggest fans, of course! She was so pretty and was rocking the catwalk with her beautiful charm. Here are a few pictures the night:
I love how fashion can inspire you in other ways then what to wear.
Michael did the photos for the show. Love his floral shirt.
I absolutely loved this dress and the woman who carried it. Confidence!
I´ve just started repainting Des Oiseaux (one of the B&B-bedrooms) and I´m hoping to finish within a few days. I´m only doing the wooden frames and the doors, but it´s much needed. Looking forward to seeing the finished results. There is always something that needs doing around here. So, what else? Well, we still have the previous owners here with all of their guests. They leave tomorrow, and I´m looking forward to moving back to my room again. I don´t really mind being in the attic, but I would love to not have to do an old fashioned wash every day (#luxuryproblems). There is no shower up her you see, only a classic bathtube.
Our handy Australian workawayer is coming on Monday, and it seems like the list of work for him is just getting longer and longer. I´m so thankful for having Grant here for an entire month, I only hope that he can see through the workload and enjoy our Lalande life too.. Haha! Having that said I hope he is good with fixing lawnmowers. The vegetable garden is starting to look like a secret garden from another time, I bet it´s become a snake paradise too..
Have a lovley evening guys!
Dagene går litt i ett kjenner jeg, noe som er ganske fint. Jeg maler, bærer kyllinger ut fra huset, planter stauder, lager 3-retters, planlegger blomster til et pinterest-bryllup og leter etter sommerkjoler i kostymeskapet. Jeg skulle ønske jeg tok meg tid til å reise hjem for å hente sommerklærnene mine, de som er godt pakket ned i kjelleren til Mamma. Kanskje August eller September! Får håpe sommeren her varer en stund. Neste uke kommer det et filmcrew hit igjen. Det skal filmes en reveal av et av B&B-soverommene som skal ferdigstilles og de skal også filme et nytt prosjektet i et av lagerrommene. Det skal nemlig totalforandres til et studio. (Som skal godt gjøres. Det finnes alt fra store badeander til tusenvis av murstein i det rommet. Tror det er 2 gamle hestevogner der også. Så ja..) Forhåpentligvis vil vi klare å gjøre om rommet til et studio før Juli. Da skal det nemlig holdes et art reatreat der. Oliver (kunster og venn av Stephanie) skal holde workshopen og jeg skal stille som modell. Nakenmodell!! Nevnte jeg at de skal filme workshopen? Haha. Jadda. Jeg har faktisk vært akt modell for mange år siden, da jeg bodde og studerte i Oslo i 2010-2011! Jeg husker at det var ganske spennende så vi får håpe det blir det denne gangen også.
Håper dere alle har en fin kveld. Her har det vært 28 varme garder og sol, og varmere blir det i morgen. Mulig jeg blir å svømme i den grumsete vollgraven i morgen.
Another day at Lalande. Yaay! I´m all alone until this afternoon since the B&B guest had to leave super early. I made a takeaway breakfast for the guest last night; I´m hoping that 2 sandwiches, three raspberry muffins, an apple and a jar with orange juice, was sufficient. I even wrote a cute little card, haha! I wonder if I´m ever going to be a mom who leaves happy notes in their kid’s lunch boxes. Hmm.
Anyways. I had to use 2 old bananas today so I decided to go for banana pancakes for breakfast, ofcourse free from gluten and high in protein. The recipe serves 2-3 people. Perfect for a healthy brunch with the girls. Here it is:
You will need:
2 x overdue bananas
2 x scoops of protein powder (I used yellow pea protein from Naked Pea)
1 x scoop linseeds
2 x eggs
a dash of sunflower oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of cardamom
a small pinch of baking powder
2-3 cups of milk
1-2 cups with oatmeal (I used finely grained)
1. Peel the bananas and add them to a medium sized bowl
3. Add all your ingredients but hold back on the milk and oatmeal
4. Mix the ingredients well together (I used a hand mixer) to you get a smooth mix. Adjust with milk and oatmeal.
Use low heat when frying your pancakes, I find that they need longer cooking time then regular pancakes. I used butter. Also, I want to make it clear that I´m a very intuitive cook and that I very rarely follow recipes. I learn by doing, and I fail a lot! Haha. So, if you want the specific method, I will be most happy to google one for you.
Serve on a big wooden board with fruit and nuts. I added a confit of orange and cinnamon on the pancakes. Super yum! Bonne appetite
What a great day. I´ve been doing so much stuff today, good god. So much energy. Everything from small DIY-projects, animal care, painting, laundry, cleaning, check-inn and baking. I really love the simplicity of living in the countryside and here at Lalande. I had a few hours for my self today. I love being alone in this house, I love love the quietness. People often ask me if I ever get scared of being alone here, but I never do. I used to be scared of the dark, but not anymore. It might sound strange, but one thing I do is to picture myself being surrounded by light. By using this visual mindset, I believe I receive so much positive energy.
Right. I just wanted to pop in and say hello! Time for bed. It´s the last night in my bedroom before moving to the attic for a few days.
We have some warm days coming up, and I´m over the moon excited about starting June with 27 degrees on Saturday!! I´m not entirely sure if everyone is aware of my excitement for this upcoming weather. For someone who spent the last couple of summers in a cold and windy fishing village in Lofoten (North of Norway), this feels like a all-inclusive holiday to the Maldives. I´m going to be the pale looking Norwegian in the garden this weekend. You are here by warned.
Nic and Marie´s family is still at Lalande, but they are sadly leaving tomorrow. On Wednesday, Stephanie, Michael and the previous owners of the Chateau is coming. Yaay! The whole Chateau is hired out for the weekend so the three of us will have to make camp in the attic. Next week will be busier, we have new B&B bookings and a handful of musicians staying for a week. We also have a new workawayer coming all the way from Australia. His name is Grant, and he is a handyman and a farmer. We are very much looking forward to having him with us this month! 🙂
Here are a few pictures of Lalande today,
Lots of Iris in the garden now
We have B&B guests coming tomorrow
My favourite view from the chateau, it´s from one of the bedrooms in the attic.
I will spend the rest of the evening working on my new IGTV video. I´ve made another hand-tied bouquet from the garden, and I will post it on my Instagramas soon as it´s ready.