Hello everyone! Long-time no see. I haven’t been on my blog for a little while and I am so sorry! It´s been a busy few months and I had to put my blog aside for a little while. Luckily, I feel much freer now that I have deleted Facebook. OH MY. What a blessed feeling to be free from the world of Facebook. Haha! For those of you who don´t know why I deleted it, I deleted Facebook because I had too many platforms to keep up with. Since social media is now part of my job, I needed to be smarter about where I spend my time, and I also want to give out more quality rather than quantity. Anyhow, this is about the Goddess workshop. I get so many questions about the Goddess workshop and what it is, and I thought I would just make a blog post about it.
First thing first, the Goddess workshop was created last year after Christmas here at Lalande. It was the beginning of 2019 and I thought we all could do with a little self-esteem boost. Some of us were a little bit lost and heartbroken, some of us needed a little push, and some (me) was in need of some direction. So, I thought it would be nice to do some exercises to boost our self-esteem and to share our inner thoughts. Stephanie and I had been watching every Marvel movie out there because we needed some inspiration for the upcoming Easter Party which had a super villain/superhero theme. That’s were the Goddess name came in and that’s how we ended up calling it the Goddess workshop! Tadaa!
We just did a Goddess workshop with the girls in Dordogne, which was a fantastic experience. Since Stephanie couldn´t join us there, we are now currently doing another one at Lalande. We finished the two first session last night (around 3 am), and we are doing the last two sessions later this week. I feel so upbeat and energized by doing these workshops and I highly recommend anyone who is interested to give it ago. Since this is my 3rd time organising and leading the workshop I have upgraded the worksheets a little.
The Goddess workshop recipe:
What you will need:
· A group of friends or family. Doing these worksheets can be a little bit tricky with random strangers. Be around 4-8 people to get that nice balance. It’s also good to have variety of different people into the workshop. Invite your neighbour, cousin, colleague or auntie!
· Print out the worksheets (I´ll link them down below), use clipboards if you have
· Pens!! (also, make sure to tell everyone to write clearly, hehe.)
· Clear your schedule, each session will take anything between 1-2,5 hours. There are 4 sessions in total. You can do the whole session in one day (takes around 6-7 hours), or 2 session per day. I recommend doing it over a course of days.
· Find a relaxing and private space to be in. We are doing our sessions in the winter salon at Lalande. It´s a cosy and warm room with an open fire. We had candles and brought drinks and snacks. Yesterday, I brought lavender oil and passed it around for everyone to sniff and put on.
· Background music, make sure to play something soothing for the soul. Last night we played relaxing piano with rain sounds on Spotify.
· Wear something you feel great in but also comfortable with. You feel the way you look.
The first worksheet starts off with naming the things you like, appreciate and love about yourself! After 4-5 minuets, pass your worksheet to the left so that everyone gets to add things that they like, love and appreciate about you. When everyone has written something on everyone’s worksheet, take each a turn and read your own worksheet out loud.
The second worksheet is completley new this year and I LOVED it. We all spent a few minuets finishing every scentence, then we read the same scentence each in turn. This took a while, but it was so lovely to hear what everyone had written and the reason behind it.
Yes, this session is about celebrating life and your achievements so far. It´s so easy to focus on the negative rather than the positive and this worksheet will hopefully help you shift your focus and make you feel proud and great about your past. Spend some time filling your worksheet out. When you’re finished take turn to read out loud and talk about what you´ve written. Let the others ask questions if needed.
- Nr. 4: Setting goals!
After some sessions of sharing thoughts, feelings and life experiences it´s finally time to set out goals for yourself. Fill out the worksheet, read it out loud and talk about it. Give each other input and help find strategies to achieve the goals.
When the workshop is finished
Make sure to thank each other for dedicating their time to the workshop. Save your worksheets for a rainy day so that you can look at them when you need a little reminder. Invite everyone back for a new Goddess workshop next year! Enjoy xx